Thank you for expressing an interest in joining Metacon Gun Club. Anyone wishing to join must attend one of our regular meetings held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM. After introducing yourself and completing the necessary paperwork, your name will be submitted to the membership at the following meeting to be included on the clubs’ Waitlist.
While on the Waitlist, you will receive a copy of the monthly newsletter advising you of club events. During this time, we encourage you to participate in club events. Various events include our monthly IDPA matches (after you successfully complete the required safety check). Women On Target, .22 Falling Plate, Bullseye or Rifle matches. Participating in these and other public club events lets you and the members of your family enjoy the sport of shooting while you are waiting and gives you an opportunity to meet some of the other members.
How long anyone is on the wait list depends on member turnover which varies from month to month. Again, thank you for your interest in Metacon, we look forward to having you as a member.
Membership Secretary, Metacon Gun Club
Guidelines for Membership Application
To apply for membership at Metacon Gun Club, here’s a guide to help you with the simple process.
- You MUST be a citizen of the United States
- You must not have a felony or any other conviction that would prevent you from receiving a CT Pistol Permit.
- DOWNLOAD and PRINT the Application, or pick one up at a monthly membership meeting
- Fill out the application completely
- Submit the application with a payment of $25.00 cash or check only (application fee)
- Personally appear at a Monthly Membership Meeting (3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm) at the club, 106 Nod Rd. Simsbury, CT.
- Once your application has been completed, you will be issued a spot on the Waitlist (if there is a wait)
- At the following membership meeting, your name will be read and will be voted on by the membership as applying for membership
- When your place on the Waitlist comes up, you will be required to pay first year dues and an initiation fee.
- You will need attend a Certified Range Officer course, show proof of a valid CT Pistol Permit or background check results, or eligibility certificate.
- Upon successful completion of our CRO course, you will become a Probationary Member with limited privileges (no guests)
- Upon completion of 180 days of your Probationary membership, your name is submitted to our Board of Governors for full membership approval.